- 15x100mm 10/pk
HardyCHROM™ Candida is a selective medium recommended for the isolation and identification of yeasts. This medium also allows for the differentiation of C. albicans , C. tropicalis and C. krusei based on differences in colony morphology and color. This medium facilitates the detection of mixed yeast cultures.
HardyCHROM™ Candida relies on chromogenic substances to reveal specific enzymes for species identification by color. Due to the unique colors produced, no further testing is needed to identify C. albicans, C. tropicalis, and C. krusei. A trehalose test is needed to confirm C. glabrata. Color development occurs within 24 to 48 hours. Colors are bright and easy to read out.
- C. tropicaliscolonies appear medium blue to dark metallic blue with a blue halo.
- C. albicansproduces smooth, medium green to dark metallic green colonies.
- C. glabrataproduces smooth, pink colonies, often with a darker mauve center.
- C. kruseiproduces rough, spreading, pink colonies.
- Helpful in spotting mixed infections.
There are no reviews yet.